POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
13 May 2024 19:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: j
Date: 3 Nov 2004 14:40:00
Message: <web.4189338fb45fa19e4d3bf7670@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] spamcom> wrote:
> Just because something is harder and takes longer I don't think it should
> deserve more credit.

That's true. Things that take longer to make may not necessarily deserve
more credit.

> If we are being rewarded for spending 10 hours generating a clever model in
> POV compared to spending 2 hours knocking it up in a modeller, then that's 8
> hours we've lost that could have been spent on texturing/lighting within POV
> to make the final image look world-class.

But then, how do you know that I spent the majority of my time modeling in
pov? It's the same as saying you spend more time to make fabulous looking
lighting/texture thus deserving more credit, isn't that sort of the same as
spending more time to make fabulous looking model in povray? It is a Povray
competition after all.